– Sometimes when I’m using my laptop, I end up spending a good amount of time staring at my own before and after photos. It’s just taken me a lot of hard work and self control to get to where I am now, and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with appreciating it.
Been stuck at home the past 2 days no thanks to a not-so-mild case of food poisoning. Been resting and re-hydrating as best as I can, but haven’t been able to sleep properly. Thought I’d make good use of the extra free time (not that I don’t usually have plenty of that) by updating here. And thanks to Melissa aka ms. sgrmse, I don’t have to wreck my brain coming up with something to post.
Got tagged for some kinda blog award. And from what I see, I’m supposed to share 7 things about myself, then pass it on. So here goes . . . . . . . .
– I feel short compared to most people, even though I’m probably not. I’ve just always wanted to be so much taller.
– I ran away from home once (in my teenage years). I don’t remember exactly how long I managed to pull it off before my parents found me. My guess would be anywhere between a week to 3. And yes, I believe it was worth the trouble and punishment.
– If I had the chance to start again, I’d do almost nothing differently. I fully believe that everything that has happened in the past has put me here today. And I’ve never felt more at home than right here, right now.
– I’ve never been stereotypically cool. I kind of go my own way and do what I want to do.
– I get along better with some men than I do with most women. I generally prefer hanging out with men solely for the absence of drama. I hate all the bitching and backstabbing that is part and parcel of most female-female friendships. (Although I have on occasions came across men that would put any bitchy woman to shame!)
– I’ve always wanted a BestFriendForever. Someone I’ve known for a bajillion years whom I’d do everything with and would not be able to go a week without. Unfortunately, I’ve never found someone who’s on the exact same wavelength as I am, and until I do, I refuse to fake such a friendship.
– I am always behind in the music department. I don’t pay attention to what’s “new” and it takes me a while to warm up to a new genre of music once I discover it.
That wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. I guess I love/know myself well enough to put it into words. Throwing in an extra one, just for fun.