Interesting Facts?

Been stuck at home the past 2 days no thanks to a not-so-mild case of food poisoning. Been resting and re-hydrating as best as I can, but haven’t been able to sleep properly. Thought I’d make good use of the extra free time (not that I don’t usually have plenty of that) by updating here. And thanks to Melissa aka ms. sgrmse, I don’t have to wreck my brain coming up with something to post.
Got tagged for some kinda blog award. And from what I see, I’m supposed to share 7 things about myself, then pass it on. So here goes . . . . . . . .
– I feel short compared to most people, even though I’m probably not. I’ve just always wanted to be so much taller.
– I ran away from home once (in my teenage years). I don’t remember exactly how long I managed to pull it off before my parents found me. My guess would be anywhere between a week to 3. And yes, I believe it was worth the trouble and punishment.
– If I had the chance to start again, I’d do almost nothing differently. I fully believe that everything that has happened in the past has put me here today. And I’ve never felt more at home than right here, right now.
– I’ve never been stereotypically cool. I kind of go my own way and do what I want to do.
– I get along better with some men than I do with most women. I generally prefer hanging out with men solely for the absence of drama. I hate all the bitching and backstabbing that is part and parcel of most female-female friendships. (Although I have on occasions came across men that would put any bitchy woman to shame!)
– I’ve always wanted a BestFriendForever. Someone I’ve known for a bajillion years whom I’d do everything with and would not be able to go a week without. Unfortunately, I’ve never found someone who’s on the exact same wavelength as I am, and until I do, I refuse to fake such a friendship.
– I am always behind in the music department. I don’t pay attention to what’s “new” and it takes me a while to warm up to a new genre of music once I discover it.
That wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. I guess I love/know myself well enough to put it into words.  Throwing in an extra one, just for fun.

– Sometimes when I’m using my laptop, I end up spending a good amount of time staring at my own before and after photos. It’s just taken me a lot of hard work and self control to get to where I am now, and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with appreciating it.

Feb 2011                                                 Feb 2012

I now pass the award on to :-
Advertisements

15 thoughts on “Interesting Facts?

1. j_fish says:

You slimmed down so much!!

You seriously have guts for running away for so long. I never ever tried. =/ Chicken. =p

2. Eunice says:

oh..gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. I love yr before and after pic! how long does it takes for u to slim down?

3. Charissa says:

Thanks. It's been a year since I was at my heaviest, but it only took about 4 months to lose the weight I wanted to. I'll write another post on it someday.

And hahaha. I was a rule breaker, so running away wasn't too scary. Plus, I only “ran away” to my best friend's house. Lol.

4. Xing says:

Pssst! Why no bed sheet on your bed?
    You're pretty before and after. =)

5. Charissa says:

Hehe no sheet coz it's the extra mattress in the extra room. I don't sleep there, I use it for space to chuck my clothes on when it comes out of the clothes drier. hehehehe :D

6. Anonymous says:

Awww nice, i'm trying to slim down now too! hahahaa

7. YEEINGNG ♥ says:

I always can't resist food nomatter how much I say I want to diet ! Hahahahaa. Nice one babe, congrats

8. bendan says:

Woah~ so successful?? Tell us the secret… LOLOLOLZ!!

9. Ken Wooi says:

phew, the huge difference (aka achievement)! mind sharing how you did it? :)

10. sgrmse. says:

YAY FOR SELF CONTROL+DISCIPLINE!! :D :D i look at all my old photos from time to time, too. sometimes it's even unintentional. like when i'm uploading new photos and come across the old ones and i'm like HOLYYYY, was that really me?!?! it's so weird to think how much i've changed/grown because you know you can't actually tell when looking in the mirror (coz you see yourself every day and maybe your eyes get conditioned to seeing you as the same)

also, i hope you feel better soon, hun and we get to go on that picnic.

bff's are overrated. most come with an expiry date. unfortunately, i had to find that out the hard(est) way but oh well. i think the here and now is what matters most anyway.

11. Charissa says:

will write a post on my entire weight loss journey soon everyone :)

mel – yeah. i normally don't notice i'm losing weight. and i don't listen to people when they tell me i've lost weight because they can't be sure. photos work best :)
    and i'm hoping i feel better soon too! HAVE to see you before u leave!! xx

12. josarine says:

Wow in 4 months you lost weight? That's quite fast. Since you lost them so fast do u have any stretch marks?

13. Charissa says:

I have mild stretch marks. And only on my outer thigh-hip area. I guess I got lucky in that department :)

14. daphiexn™ says:

Heh, can't deny that impulsive decisions makes the best life stories huh? I wish I did too! But now I'm too old to run away wtf.

And you look GORGEOUS before and after! :D Love your hair in the before picture! :D

15. Seriously, I can't wait for your post on how to lose weight. You really successfully managed to lose lots of weight.

paint my page

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s